Student/Parent Tech Help
INTERNET SERVICE FOR STUDENTS
Our parking lot will be available for wifi use but everyone must stay in the vehicle. We will strictly enforce CDC guidelines.
If you do not have Internet access at home please use links below to find information about local Internet companies and options to turn your mobile device into a hot spot.
- The CPS Tech Department has researched a variety of options for students that do not currently have internet access at home. Click Here for Info
- The Oklahoma State Department of Education has also compiled a list of options for those students without internet. Click Here for Info
- 7th-12th graders take home laptops regularly and will have access to those laptops.
- 6th grade laptops, that are usually kept at school, will be checked out to them if they do not have a computer at home (see Tech Support link for agreement and damage liability info). Technology Agreement
- 3rd-5th grade students will use technology they have at home but if that is not available we will check out a computer to them (see Tech Support link for agreement and damage liability info). Technology Agreement
- PK-2nd grades will use home technology but if that is not available we will check out an iPad to them (see Tech Support link for agreement and damage liability info).
- Hot Spots: At the current time we do not have any hot spots (they are backordered until May).
- No Internet: Students without Internet access will be provided with direction through the Remind application and/or through paper packets.
REPORTING DEVICE ISSUES
- Current Issues (From Spring Break or before)
- If there are any repairs needed on devices, they will need to be brought to the southside of the high school from 1pm-7pm on either Wednesday, April 1st or Thursday, April 2nd.
- Student/Parent will fill out a Technology Repair Form.
- Student/Parent will be called once device is ready to be picked up
- Device should be ready later that day or then next day.
- If dropped off on Thursday, April 2nd, it will not be ready until Monday, April 6th.
- After the initial repair day(s), repair will be as needed.
- Student/Parent will fill out online form.
- Someone from the Technology Department will call the number on the form to schedule a time to bring device to the school.
- Tech Department will call when repair is complete and schedule a pick up time.
LAPTOP CARE AND USE AT HOME
Students are expected to behave in accordance with the guidelines of the Acceptable Use Policy and Technology Agreement. We always recommend that students:
- Charge the laptop fully each night
- Use the laptop in a common area of the house
- Store the laptop in its protective sleeve on a desk or table, never on the floor
- Keep it away from food, drink, siblings and pets
Student web activity is filtered, but parents/guardians are responsible for monitoring the student’s use of the laptop. We ask that parents/guardians develop a laptop care plan to address the following:
- Use of laptop in common areas
- A safe storage location for charging
- Guidelines for web activity
- Sharing of student passwords with parents only
- Ongoing conversation about student's digital work
If you have any technology related questions or issues, please contact the Technology Support Team: